Pages

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

New Found Love...QUILTING!

Easy Peasy 9 patch!! The Possibilities are endless! I'm all about a "short cut" and let me tell you it can't get any easier than this!!


First pick out your fabrics! Using a 6 1/2 x 24 ruler cut strips of fabric that size...then using a 1/4 in. seam sew the three strips together. Press open seams. After sewing then turn your fabric and cut 3 strips 6 1/2 wide. You will have a little bit left over that you can use on another project some other day!


Place them together matching up your seams and sew them up. Keep in mind that in the finished quilt the outer corners will be the largest and the middle square will be the smallest.


After all is sewn together and all seams are pressed open find the center and cut that baby in half both ways! Yes...for me...this was hard the first time! I felt like I was "messing" up my quilt! But trust me....you'll love the outcome!


Turn the blocks however you like and then sew them together again! I turned and turned until I came up with the design I loved!

Can't wait to finish this! I'll post a picture when I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels