Pages

Wednesday, June 29, 2016

The pile that wouldn't fold!


For days I've sat and looked at this pile of laundry on my couch. It's a mismatched pile...a little from this load and a little from that load! I keep thinking I'll walk in the door and it'll be neatly folded and ready for me to put away but, it doesn't seem to happen.(sigh) My husband pulled a farm shirt out of "the pile" to wear the other day and I told him, "You can't go in public looking like that, with all those wrinkles!"
Our lives are a little like an unfolded laundry pile. Left unattended too long it gets all wrinkly and we sure don't want to expose our wrinkles to the public.
We WILL have wrinkles in our life but God's word helps keep us ironed out. It doesn't happen by itself, we have to continually fold our lives in His word day after day after day! Sometimes we even need a little extra "ironing" to get the deep wrinkles out when left unfolded too long. Get in His word today and get that life of yours on the fold to recovery!!


“Your word is a lamp to guide my feet and a light for my path.”  Psalms‬ ‭119:105‬ ‭NLT‬‬

2 comments:

  1. And I was going to fold that pile while I was there and for whatever reason I didn't! I'm slacking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. God let it sit there long enough to give me a "story"! Ya know...when life gives you lemons, make lemonade!

      Delete

Labels