Pages

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Apple Cobbler w/ warm Vanilla Sauce

I'm addicted to the kitchen right now!  Oh well, I guess fall is in the air!  Mike loves anything with cinnamon in it so I know if I find a recipe and that is one of the ingredients...I'm in luck!  I saw this recipe, made a few changes, then added my Vanilla Sauce on top and it took no time at all to whip up!  I had 2 Granny Smith apples that needed used and I threw in 1 Pear (only because I didn't have another apple) to have my 3 or so cups!  It's SUPER delicious!!  A Keeper for sure!!



Apple Cobbler
w/ warm Vanilla Sauce
(Preheat oven to 350°)

½ c. butter, cut into 8 pieces
1 c. sugar
1 c. flour
1½ tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. salt
½ c. milk
½ c. whipping cream
3 c. apples (Granny Smith) peeled & sliced
1½ tsp. cinnamon

*Place butter in a 2 qt. baking dish & place dish in the oven until butter is melted.
*Combine sugar, flour, baking powder, and salt.  Add cream & milk to dry mixture and stir.
*In a large bowl toss apples with cinnamon.
*Pour batter into prepared dish and scatter apples over batter.  Bake about 40-50 min. or until light brown and bubbly.

Vanilla Sauce
1 c. sugar
2 T. flour
1 ½ c. whipping cream
½ c. butter
2 tsp. vanilla
Cook over med. Heat whisking often until thickened.  Serve over cobbler!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels