Pages

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Homemade Hot Rolls...

In Honor of my Mother in law today...Homemade Rolls!

 
I'm sure I'll never be able to make them exactly like her but, I think they're pretty close!  Making them really made me miss her today!  She was an amazing unselfish person!  She loved us through her baking!  She would do anything for her family, always putting everyone else before herself...  Her family was her life!  Miss you...

I tweaked her recipe to work in my bread machine (dough setting)... something she would have never used and I don't think I ever told her that I was using it!  She did it the old fashioned way... LOTS of kneading!!


Lorene's Rolls (bread machine version)

1 c. warm water (not too hot...about 110°)
1/3 c. white sugar
1 pkg. Red Star yeast or (I use bulk yeast...2 1/4 tsp.)
4 c. flour
1 tsp. salt
1/4 c. vegetable oil 
1 egg (beaten)

Gently mix the water, sugar, and yeast and pour in the bottom of the bread machine. Let the yeast dissolve and foam for about 10 min.
Add: flour, oil, salt, and egg to the yeast mixture.  Select the 1# dough cycle and start.  When it's done pinch off your dough and place in a greased 9x13 pan and cover with a greased sheet of wax paper and a kitchen towel over that.  Let rise until doubled in size.  Bake at 375° 15 min. uncovered then lay a piece of foil on top and continue 5 more min.  Right after you pull them out of the oven, rub a stick of butter over the top of the rolls until all roll tops are covered!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels