Pages

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

A day in the life of a Farmer's wife...

For the last SEVERAL weeks...this is what I've been up to twice a day {morning and evening}:


Today was the first day that I decided to attach the bottle holders to the fence!  Duh...it took me long enough to figure that out!  No more slobbers slinging back at me if the wind is blowing!  I can handle a LOT but calf slobber is where I draw the line!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The next picture is a little graphic...so if you have trouble with slobbers too...DON'T LOOK!


Look to the left of the very visible slobber and you can see one string that got caught in the wind {you may have to click on the picture to enlarge it}!  If I would have been holding that bottle...I would have been gagging about now because it would have landed on my hand and all over my leg!  WHEW...glad I found the wire and rigged those puppies up to the fence!
I keep telling myself how important I am to those two babies!  They have NO momma except me!  Their moms both died within a week of each other!  :(  It's just part of farm life!

The next pictures are of a storm we had brewing above our house last week!  If you'll look closely in the last rainbow picture...you'll see 2 rainbows!  One is very faint!  Just something about a rainbow that makes me smile!  I guess it's just God showing off for us in beautiful colors and reminding us of His promise!!  But, please oh please...don't let me be home alone if there is the possibility of a TORNADO even if I can see a rainbow in the sky!!




Happy Tuesday to all...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels