Pages

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

I'm SO lucky!!

I have one of the MOST talented Mother's in the world!  My siblings and I are so fortunate to be able to reap our mother's creative gifts!!  Unfortunately this "S" doesn't belong to any of us...it's a gift for someone!  BUT...I've already put in my order for a "P"!
Step in line sisters...OLDEST goes first!!
Although Pinterest is a useable tool for most people {especially me}, my Mom has been creating and making all kinds of things you see popping up (on the new found addiction) for years!  Yes, I could very possibly need therapy!
I remember WAY back when I was in school my friends would always say..."you have the neatest Mom, she can make ANYTHING, you're SO lucky!"  I would smile and proudly say, "Yep, she sure can!!"
I couldn't believe it when she called me over today to see her "S"!  I had no idea it was going to be so BIG!  I can SO see one sitting on my fireplace mantle!! {hint~hint}
She stepped way back and used one of her old time favorites to decorate with!

Here goes:
*She HAND drew (no projector here) her letter on plywood and then cut it out with a jigsaw.
*She lightly sanded the edges to get rid of splinters then painted it all Black and let it dry!
*Next she "painted" it with glue and waited a while until it was "tacky" not sloppy wet anymore!
*THEN the best part...she covered it with...

SILVER LEAF!! CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?  WHO WOULD HAVE THUNK IT??!! (you could also use GOLD LEAF if you accent with more gold in your house)


Simply amazing!  I wanted to load it up and take it home with me even if it was the wrong letter!!  You can't get anymore Shabby Chic than this!  I love it!!  Mom, you amaze me how you NEVER run out of ideas!!



The 36th AVENUE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels