Pages

Saturday, April 23, 2011

*Boiled Eggs*

Well, I can't believe I'm doing a post as simple as this but...each time I boil my eggs the "new way"...I'm amazed all over again!  Besides, what a better time of year to share than now!
Last year I found a blog that showed how to boil the perfect egg!  I laughed!  BUT I read it and ...now I know why she shared it!  The shell peels off PERFECTLY EVERY SINGLE TIME!!!!


1)  Bring your water to a Boil WITHOUT the eggs in it!
2)  Using a spoon gently lower your eggs in one at a time and continue to boil.
3)  Set your timer for 15 min. and walk away!
4)  While waiting fill up a bowl with ice about half full and add water to the rest.
5)  As soon as your timer goes off spoon each egg into the "ice bath" and let them set a bit.
6)  Crack and peel as normal and your shell will slide right off!!!

The reason this works so well is because your egg will cook all at the same time since your water will already be boiling and by cooling it immediately it stops the cooking process and doesn't allow the shell to cook to the egg!
I know...it's the simple things in life that amaze me sometimes!!  Don't laugh...just go try it!!  Even if you don't need boiled eggs right now I bet you go boil some anyways!!  I did!!
HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels