Pages

Friday, September 16, 2011

~Peach Cobbler~

OK...are you ready for a recipe?  I LOVE peaches!  So here is a peach cobbler recipe for you to enjoy.  I've made 3 in the last week.  One I shared with family, one I gave to a friend, and the 3rd well, I needed to use up the last of the peaches!  So It's now resting in my fridge!  Mmmm...


~Peach Cobbler~
12 med. size peaches or (3-16 oz. bags of frozen peaches thawed)
2 c. Sugar
1/2 c. Flour
1 tsp. Vanilla
1 tsp. Almond
Mix together and pour into a large buttered dish.
Sprinkle cinnamon over all. (we like a lot)
Then place dollops of butter on top of mixture.

Top Crust:
2 C. Flour
2/3 c. + 2 T. Crisco
3/4 tsp. salt.
Mix with a pastry blender until crumbly.  Then add:
7 T. ice cold water
Roll out and place on top of peach mixture.
Make a paste with sugar & cinnamon and a little milk and spread over the top of all the crust.
Bake @ 350° for 1 hr.
(You may want to put a sheet cake pan under it...it tends to bubble out a bit!)
Serve warm with a BIG scoop of Breyers Vanilla Ice Cream on top!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels