Pages

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

All good things must come to an end...until we meet again!

The silly things we do for a blog post!!  This morning I was making some new labels for my OLD Tupperware containers that my kids tease me about and while I was at it I thought...hey why not do a new post, so I grabbed my faithful trusty camera!


Yes, only one measly curled up label left!  Bless you SUGAR! 
My children fail to remember that those "silly containers" {they laugh at and ask for in our "will" someday} are what has held the flour, sugar, brown sugar, and cornmeal for me and my recipes for many years!  My kids have reaped the benefits of those "silly" containers a LONG time...and still are!  I know they're ugly but it's worked for me for quite some time now so why change!  They are hidden behind closed doors anyway!

SO...to make a long story short...  I thought a little update {for my kids sake} to my "ugly" containers may help to modernize them a little more!  With the help of one of my favorite tools, my Silhouette CAMEO, and their FREE shape, we got busy!
TaDa~


Don't be jealous...I know you wish you had {or would have kept} an OLD set just like these so you could put cute labels on them too!  I miss those Tupperware parties, don't you?!

With all that said I will explain the reason for the POOR quality pictures!  As I was getting ready for the first photo shoot {the before pics} I picked up my camera, that was sitting right in front of my containers, and as I carefully lifted this baby up...


...my fun funky camera strap got caught on the door handle of my lower cabinets in my island.  Well, I'm sure you can guess what happened next!  Yes, it slipped out of my hands and went crashing to the floor!  1st time I have EVER dropped it!  The flash flew open, the SD card slot flew open, the LCD flipped out on it's own, AND the battery door flew open!  I can't see a single thing wrong with it except...it WON'T take a picture and it won't shut off unless I take the battery out!  So obviously something very serious is wrong with it!  All because I didn't want my Tupperware containers to be made fun of anymore!  Needless to say, blog pics will be poor quality for a while unless (A)the camera is fixable or most likely (B)I save up enough to buy myself a new one!

After all my happiness for my new labels and sadness for my camera loss, I remembered a friend of mine was doing a fundraiser to bring home another sweetie from China!  And guess what...IT'S FOR A NEW Nikon D5100 CAMERA {drawing will be held July 30th, so hurry over and chip in}!  I ran quickly over to her blog and "chipped in" to help them out and hopefully win myself a new camera!

PS~does anyone even sell Tupperware anymore??

1 comment:

  1. Yes....Jodi's mom has a display of tupperware at Fairview Flowers! :)

    JaNae

    ReplyDelete

Labels