Pages

Monday, October 18, 2010

~Apple Cake~

I've had this recipe for years and don't make it very often because it's one of those dessert's that I could eat the whole thing! We had a Women's event in our church on Oct. 6th and I suggested this recipe as our dessert. I made 4 of these cakes! I've had several requests for the recipe so I thought I would post it on my blog!! Hope you love it as much as me!!

~Apple Cake~
Beat together:
1 c. oil~2 c. sugar~2 eggs~1 tsp. vanilla
Blend in:
1 tsp. salt~1 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. baking powder~2 1/2 c. flour
Stir in: 3 c. chopped apples
Press above into a lightly oiled 9x13 pan.
Topping:
1/3 c. brown sugar, packed~1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 c. chopped walnuts
Sprinkle over cake batter.
Bake at 350 for 35-45 min.
Vanilla Sauce:
1 c. sugar~2 T. flour
1 1/2 c. whipping cream~1/2 c. butter
2 tsp. vanilla
Cook over med. heat, whisking often,
until thickened. Serve over warm cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels