Pages

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

~Chicken Enchiladas~

I thought it was time to move on past the Valentine post...so since I didn't have a picture...I wanted to share a favorite recipe of ours! I would have taken a picture at noon but we dove into them before I got the camera out!
It's a recipe that I've had for years but I revised it today and the hubby said, "Be sure and write that one down...they are the best you've ever made!" So here it is:

Favorite Chicken Enchiladas
4-5 Chicken Breasts (baked) then shredded
1 can cr. of mushroom soup
1/4-1/2 c. sour cream (I think I had closer to 1/2 c.)
1/2 tsp. chili powder
1/4 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. chicken bouillon granules (optional, but added flavor!)
salt & pepper (to taste)
1/2 green pepper, diced
1/2 onion, diced
1 c. cheddar cheese
Mix all together and spoon into large flour tortillas. Roll up and place in a 9x13 pan. (Save a little of the meat mixture to spoon over the top of all the enchiladas to keep them from drying out while baking) Pour a can of Rotel' over the top of the finished enchiladas and bake uncovered in the oven at 325° for 30-40 min. or until bubbly. The last 5 min. of baking sprinkle some more cheddar cheese over the top to melt.

2 comments:

  1. I made these for lunch today. They were a big hit! YUM!!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you liked them Marshalene! They are one of our favorites!! I change them up a bit everytime...depending on what ingredients are in the cabinet! :)

    ReplyDelete

Labels