Pages

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Backscratcher and...a recipe!

I know...the two have absolutely NOTHING in common!  Except...I get excited over both of them!
A retractable backscratcher that is pen size AND will fit in your pocket or purse!  Comes in extremely handy days after you encounter a SUNBURN!  Thank you Aunt Ann for introducing me to this wonderful inexpensive "tool"!
You can order yourself one...right here:  Amazon

AND this...

Scratch & Sniff Photo...Mmmm!

I just made a box milk chocolate cake (because that's what I had in my pantry!) put it in a sheet cake pan and baked it!  Then while the cake was still warm... I poured the frosting over the top of it!  Here's that recipe:

German Chocolate Cake Frosting
1 c. sugar
1 stick butter
1 c. evaporated milk
Microwave above until almost bubbly.  2 min. stir, 2 min. stir, etc.
Then add:
3 beaten egg yolks (tempered with the hot mixture)
Microwave the same as above until a slight boil has occurred and it has thickened.
Add in:
1 c. chopped pecans
1 c. flaked coconut
Stir together and pour over warm cake.  Then you can lick the remaining ooey gooey frosting in the bowl!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels