Pages

Saturday, December 31, 2011

OH MY GOODNESS Salad!


I DO believe this is my new FAVORITE salad!  My Aunt sent us a box of pears from Harry & David’s for Christmas!  (THANKS AUNT ANN... You got my “recipe search” juices flowing all through a box of pears!!)  I needed a recipe so I could use them all up!  I was asked to bring a salad to a dinner for a family friend.  It’s always scary to take something you’ve never made before but this just sounded too good to not try!!  I gave it a whirl...it was delicious!  Matter of fact, I made another one the next night for Mike & I to eat and he liked it too!  It will definitely go in my recipe book and I WILL make it again!  It’s a KEEPER...
Note:  I’m sure you could use bottled dressing but it would most definitely alter the taste!  The dressings were super simple to make!


~*~Oh my GOODNESS Salad~*~

Ingredients
*8 c. chopped romaine lettuce
*2 medium pears, chopped
*1 c. dried cranberries
*1 c. chopped pecans
*8 slices bacon, crisp-cooked and crumbled
*6 oz. feta cheese, crumbled
*Poppy seed Salad Dressing
(recipe following)
*Balsamic Vinaigrette
(recipe following)

Instructions
*Combine the lettuce, pears, cranberries, pecans, bacon and feta cheese. Drizzle generously with a mixture of the dressings. (2/3 poppy seed dressing and 1/3 balsamic vinaigrette...about 1 c. total, more if you like!)

*Balsamic Vinaigrette

1/2 c. balsamic vinegar
3 T. Dijon mustard
3 T. honey
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
3/4 c. olive oil

Whisk together first 6 ingredients until blended. Gradually whisk in olive oil.

*Poppy Seed Dressing
3/4 T. poppy seeds
1/3 c. white vinegar
3/4 c. oil
1/3 c. sugar
1/4 c. onion
3/4 tsp. salt
2 T. prepared mustard

Mix together in a blender, mixer or food processor until creamy.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Amy!

    This salad is real similar to one I make and is delish!!

    I just wanted to get back in touch with you...thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting on the dishwasher detergent I made! I hope you love this dishwasher detergent as much as we do!

    When I cut this this vinyl out I didn't have my Silhouette, but I borrowed my friend's Cricut. I used the Lyrical Letter's cartridge though to cut these letters out.

    I usually by Lemi Shine at WalMart! I believe it is near the dishwasher detergent area, but it is definitely with the cleaning supplies. For a long time near me they kept it out in the aisle though.

    Thanks so much for stopping by! And I am so happy I got a chance to see your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Labels