Pages

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

*Lord, show me the sin in my life...*

If you see me walking around with my head hung low...don't worry, I asked for it!  Here is why:
While reading my bible last night I was reading some of the Psalms of David.  I highlighted some verses that really spoke to me, I thought they would make a great prayer to pray!

Psalm 139:23-24 (New Living Translation)

23 Search me, O God, and know my heart;
test me and know my anxious thoughts.
24 Point out anything in me that offends you,
and lead me along the path of everlasting life.

Psalm 143:10 (New Living Translation)

10 Teach me to do your will,
for you are my God.
May your gracious Spirit lead me forward
on a firm footing.

Then as I was listening to the radio online this morning (Wed. May 18th, 2011) Dr. Charles Stanley's message "A Helper For All Occasions" came on.  (Click on Audio Archives and enter May 18th, 2011 and you can listen to it.)  I heard the very same message!  Is God speaking to me?  I THINK SO!!

The road may get a little bumpy as God reveals to me what it is that He needs to help me fix in my life!  I've put on my seat belt and I'm hangin' on for dear life while I head down the road to building a stronger relationship with Him!!  Would you like to ride along??

Little nuggets I learned from today:
*Depend upon the Spirit of God to be IN you!  Your words are nothing without it!
*Spend quiet time with the Lord so your spirit can be renewed!
* In order to live a Christian Life...the Holy Spirit has to live IN us!  We can't do it on our own because our human nature won't allow it!
*I can't, YOU can, I surrender, YOU do it!
* In order to win in life we have to give up!
*When your life is over and you look back...what do you want to see?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels